Jillian M. Smaniotto
Jillian is an Associate in our Richmond, Virginia office. Her practice is focused on representing employers and carriers defending workers’ compensation claims in Virginia.
Before joining Ford Richardson, Jillian litigated various matters, with a focus on domestic relations law, in Juvenile, General District and Circuit Courts throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Prior to entering private practice, Jillian completed a judicial clerkship for the Circuit Court of Henrico County.
Jillian is a proud “Double Spider,” having earned both her B.A. and J.D. from the University of Richmond. While in law school, Jillian was a Manuscripts Editor for the Richmond Journal of Law & Technology and served on the executive board of the Richmond Trial Advocacy Board. As a member of the Trial Advocacy Board, Jillian represented the University of Richmond at external trial advocacy competitions.
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
• U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
• Richmond Journal of Law & Technology, Manuscripts Editor
• Richmond Trial Advocacy Board, Treasurer, competitor
• CALI Award, Family Law
- Virginia Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico Bar Association
- Chesterfield County Bar Association