Justin W. Ward
Justin works within our collaborative community to make sure each client gets the care and attention they deserve.
Justin has spent nearly twenty years helping clients navigate complex civil litigation cases. He focuses his practice on defending catastrophic personal injury cases involving commercial transportation, products liability, premises liability and medical malpractice claims. In addition, Justin defends professionals accused of malpractice and helps business owners address commercial litigation and employment matters. Justin also offers his skills and talents when advising clients on insurance coverage matters and subrogation matters.
When working through litigated matters, Justin partners with clients to understand their objectives, formulate and execute a plan to achieve their objectives, and when necessary, present the strongest possible case at trial. He tailors unique strategies and approaches to help his clients reach their legal goals.
Justin has tried numerous jury trials in Virginia state and federal courts. Additionally, he has presented multiple cases to an arbitrator in lieu of a jury trial and has significant experience mediating litigated matters. He believes each client is entitled to a zealous defense, and works to support their success in every step.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia Business, “Legal Elite,” Healthcare Law, 2016-2017
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star in Healthcare, 2014-2015
- Defense Research Institute
- Richmond Bar Association
– Judicial Committee, 2015 – Present
– Membership Committee, 2012-2015
– CLE Committee, 2010-2012
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia State Bar
- Cub Scouts Pack 538, Pack Committee Chair, 2015-2016
- Americorps, Volunteer Coordinator with the Habitat for Humanity affiliate in Harford County, Maryland